Who am I?
- Name: Ahmed Abdullahi
- Nationality: Canadian
- Address: 39 Fieldside Drive, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M1V 3C4
- Tel: +647 853 0292
- Mobile: +647 853-0292
- Email: email@example.com
As a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), Certified General Accountant (CGA) - both in Canada -and Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA – U.K) with 20+ years in the accounting, tax and auditing fields, I have successfully impacted financial operations and outcomes. I am now seeking to utilize my accounting, auditing and management skills with an organization such as yours.
In my roles as a Senior Accountant/Auditor for RJC & Associates LLP (Formerly Quick Radvany LLP), I have executed tax preparation, accounting oversight, financial analysis and conducted audits to minimize risk while meeting regulatory guidelines and corporate goals.
A sample of my career highlights includes:
- Facilitating the selection and implementation of new accounting software applications.
- Consistently completing accounting projects on deadline and below budget.
- Improving operational efficiency by analyzing audits and internal controls for strengths and the potential for risks.
- Developing solid relationships with suppliers, customers and regulatory agencies.
- Exposing inefficiencies and fraudulent activities through comprehensive transaction and account investigation
In each position, I have utilized my strong communication skills to build and work with highly qualified financial teams.
My Professional Background
2001 July - 2014 July
RJC & ASSOCIATES LLP
Senior Accountant / Auditor
Perform accounting and auditing functions as part of a 10-person accounting firm with real estate, manufacturing, distribution, public companies and not-for-profit clients. Manage audits. Research and analyze financial information. Prepare taxes for individuals and businesses. Conduct estate tax planning. Develop spreadsheet packages and tax filings. Maintain ledgers and supervise ledger closings. Train and evaluate staff accountants and bookkeepers.Highlights & Accomplishments:
- Analyzed the potential audit risks and strengths of existing internal controls.
- Managed the implementation of accounting software applications to maximize efficiency.
- Investigated transactions and accounts to expose inefficiencies and fraudulent activities.
- Advanced to the position of Senior Accountant / Auditor after 1 year.
- Oversaw financial activities for key clients with $1M-$100M in revenue.
- Consistently brought projects in under budget.
1994 January - 2000 January
AUTOMOTIVE VIDEO PRODUCTIONS, INC
Assistant Controller (part-time)
Prepared monthly and yearly financial statements; processed cash flow projections and monthly and yearly financial budgets; oversaw physical custody of merchandise and equipments; trained, supervised and monitored work of accounting department team members; directly interacted with suppliers, customers and government agencies.Highlights & Accomplishments:
- Managed accounting department reporting directly to controller/president
- Instituted a financial reporting system that met GAAP standards
- Analyzed business performance to maximize operations
- Performed inter-company accounts balances among different division in the company
- Facilitated the implementation of the accounting/tax software packages.
2006 January - Present
ABU HURAIRA CENTER
Finance Manager, Treasurer, Board Member
Prepare annual budgets, cash flow projections and in-house financial statements; maintain financial, accounting and payroll systems; oversea records of pledges receivables; ensure bills are paid on a timely basis; check if investments are earning a good rate of return; ensure compliance with charity and tax regulations and other charity-related laws; recommend changes to donor database systems; help the centre with fundraising activities; monitor tasks of auditors and independent examiners and attend industry events, among others.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
2002 September - 2006 June
Honours in Accounting
Bachelor Administrative StudiesYork University, Toronto, Canada
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
- Certified General Accountant (CGA)
- Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA)
What I’m best at
Language & Skills
- Working Arabic
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Caseware / Caseview
- CCH Taxprep
- Simply Accounting
- Doctor Tax
- SAP, etc
Get in touch
Please feel free to reach me or for any information.
- 39 Fieldside Drive, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M1V 3C4
- +1 647 853-0292